Sunday, December 7, 2008

Flu season--yippee















We are almost done with flu season.

Isaac was the last one, and last night he did succumb to it. Poor guy he thought he had escaped and went to scout camp with dad. They camped out in 22 degree tent. Came home took a bath and lost it-- so to speak.

UUck! However, I am excited to get this all done in basically a week. Last year we did it tag-team taking 7 weeks in a row. Truly I am grateful to have this done in one week.

The washer is my favorite tool in the house. It's been running 24/7 basically.

Grant and Zach are shepherds in a nativity play today in Relief Society. They are also playing the wicked Nephites that Samuel preaches to; they are supposed to try to hit him with some rocks (a.k.a. rolled up socks) but really miss him, and then persecute him out of the R.S. room. Alas I'll miss it cause I'm home with Ike and Sam. I hope they don't get too wild and hit someone in the head with a pair of socks. Jared is doing the piano for the songs then slip out and dress in shepherd garb and help the little guys admire the baby as undershepherds. We'll see how this goes.

Amy is the angel and in the angel choir and gets to wear her baptismal outfit again. She couldn't be happier. Isaac was supposed to be a wiseman and we're trying to bribe Spencer to do it. So far no luck. They've left now for church so I'll be excited to see how it goes.

We made it through our major holiday week; Lake Guntersville for our 15th anniversary. We stayed in an historic bedn'breakfast, reminiscent of our honeymoon. Was a wonderful time and the children stayed with friends. Nicholsons had Spencer, Zach and Grant. Sandstroms had Isaac and Amy went to Trappetts. They all had a great time too. We appreciate such good friends to allow us to not need to worry about them.

The day after we got home it was Thanksgiving day and we spent that at home this time and Jared cooked to his hearts content.

Shannon Carlson came over the next day to take family photo's, love that gal to come to our house is a huge help. Of course now I want to buy a bazillion photos, they look real good if I do say so myself.

Two days later we had 6 boys over to help celebrate Spencer's birthday with a freezing cold flag football game. He had a great time, I think they all did. They sipped hot cocoa with candy canes and marshmellows and homemade cinnamon rolls. Can I even believe that boy is 13? Yes! But time is playing tricks on me. I know it was only last week that we were taking him in for a year old photo. But it can't be.

We've spent Saturday morning at final rehearsal with the orchestra, the concerts will be next week. Can't wait, it will be a great missionary opportunity.

We wish you well and a Merry Christmas!
Our love to you--Diana